Great undulating greens, demanding holes, challenging drives and breathtaking vistas are all part of the award-winning, Par-72 championship course, designed by renowned course architect Robert Trent Jones, Sr. Well known across the Caribbean and around the world, as one of the finest luxury golf resorts worldwide, Half Moon’s Golf Course has been consistently considered as one of the top courses in the Caribbean.
Named the “Best Caribbean Golf Resort” by Caribbean World Magazine and “2009 Golf Resort of the Year (Rest of World)” by the International Association of Golf Tour Operators, the Half Moon Golf Course now boasts improved features for both the avid and casual golfer. Renovated by renowned golf course architect Roger Rulewich in 2005, the course features newly-aligned, multiple tee complexes as well as repositioned fairways and greenside bunkers. Rulewich was mindful to maintain the course's integrity of respecting the natural flow of the land while modernizing the course to account for improvements made to golf equipment over the years. Crafting challenging holes incorporating interesting design to maximize the player experience, while taking care to highlight the natural beauty of the Montego Bay setting, Rulewich and Trent Jones have created one of the finest, if not the finest, golf course in Jamaica.
Golf Course Specifics
Original Course Designer: Robert Trent Jones, Sr.
Renovated Course Designer: Roger Rulewich
Golf Director: Spencer Edwards, PGA
Ladies', Senior, Junior
• 20 grassed practice bays
• Bunker practice green
• Putting and chipping green
• 50 yard pitching green
• Enlarged clubhouse with 2 meeting rooms
• Direct access to the course on foot and golf cart via the tunnel from the Royal Villas
• Frequent shuttle bus service for the short ride to the pro shop from the hotel and the Royal Villas.
• Golf Shop: Open from 7:00am to 6:00pm
• Caddy Master: Open from 6:30am to 7:00pm
• 19th Hole Bar: Open daily from 7:00am until 7:00pm. Enjoy a light snack, lunch and a cold drink.
Golf Course Dress Code:
• Golf Shoes with socks
• Tailored shorts, skirts and trousers
• Recognized golf blouse/shirt or polo shirt (sleeveless tops are permitted with no spaghetti straps)
• Golf shoes with socks
• Tailored shorts or trousers
• Recognized golf shirt or polo shirt
International Golf Tournaments played at Half Moon:
• Jamaica Open Golf Championship 1975, 1990, 1991 and 2006 - 2011
• Celebrity Players Tour Jamaica Classic 2003-2005
• European PGA Seniors Tournament 2003-2004
• National Match Play Tournament Finals 2003-2005
• Dunhill Cup Final of the Americas
• JACI Golf Tournament
• Red Stripe Pro-Am
To learn more about the incredible golf in Jamaica that’s waiting for you at Half Moon Resort, or to book a room, contact Half Moon at 1-888-830-5974 today!
Escape to Half Moon this summer for a getaway of a lifetime! Book this meals and drinks inclusive package for only $449 per night.(based on double occupancy). Hurry, offer expires June 30, 2013.
book now »